If your Windows registry value is faulty, it would lead to the error code 0x80040c97 in the installation process. There is a catch that modifying the registry is dicey.
- This article explains how to free up space on your Windows 10 computer using an alternative to Disk Cleanup.
- BCD stands for Boot Configuration Data, contains boot configurations options of Windows.
- This guide tells you how to make a backup, edit the Windows Registry, and restore the backup if something goes wrong.
- After downloading and installing the free partition manager, you can launch the program and follow the steps below to run Space Analyzer.
- Under Windows Vista, sfc.exe can be used to check specific folder paths, including the Windows folder and the boot folder.
Also the exported file will get the “REGEDIT4” line as msvcp140.dll was not found a first line. Such files are compatible with older versions of Windows . No, you have to use system restore to go back to an earlier date before you can change the registry keys.
How to Install and Use Microsoft PC Manager on Windows 11 and 10
If your computer cannot find the “auxiliary.dll” file in either of these two places, you may see an error message that says the file is missing. A user or a program has fixed an error in the current, shared.dll file. The advantage of these libraries is that you can modularize code efficiently using memory and disk space. This entire process helps you get rid of performance issues as well. Your programs will run faster and with more efficiency due to DLLs.
It’s not advisable to try restoring an entire Registry to another PC because so much of the information in it is system-dependent. To import the content of the exported .reg file to the Registry on another Windows computer, just double-click on it.
Windows 11 vs. Windows 10: finally time to upgrade?
Before you go, grab this guide, it explains how to build strong cybersecurity defenses against hackers to protect your network from compromise. Jeff is a former Director of Global Solutions Engineering at Netwrix. He is a long-time Netwrix blogger, speaker, and presenter. In the Netwrix blog, Jeff shares lifehacks, tips and tricks that can dramatically improve your system administration experience.